Terms & Conditions
Hart & Sapp LLC, a New Jersey limited liability company (“H&S”), provides this Lifetime Limited Warranty (“Limited Warranty”) to the original owner (“You”) of Custom Cabinetry (“Product”), subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Limited Warranty.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR BETWEEN PROVINCES AND TERRITORIES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND IS FURTHER LIMITED TO REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF DEFECTIVE PARTS OR MATERIAL ONLY. LABOR CHARGES OR DAMAGE INCURRED IN INSTALLATION, REMOVAL, REPAIR OR EXCHANGE AS WELL AS INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CONNECTED THEREWITH ARE EXCLUDED AND WILL NOT BE PAID BY H&S.
H&S DOES NOT ASSUME ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF H&S PRODUCTS. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED DUE TO OPERATION OF LAW ARE HEREBY LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD DESCRIBED BELOW. Some states or provinces/territories do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to You.
IN NO EVENT SHALL H&S BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER LOSS, EVEN IF H&S HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or provinces/territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You.
WHO MAY USE THIS WARRANTY?
H&S provides this Limited Warranty to You as the original owner of the Product if it was purchased and installed in the United States after January 1, 2015. This Warranty commences upon installation of the Product and continues for as long as You own the Product (the “Warranty Period”).
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
H&S warrants the Product against manufacturing defects for the Warranty Period subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty shall apply only when the Product is properly installed for the interior use of residential applications.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This Limited Warranty does not apply to Product subjected to damage due to mishandling, abnormal use, misuse, physical abuse, chemical exposure, direct or sustained heat or cold, including sudden or rapid changes in temperature or thermal shock, humidity, outdoor installation or partially exposed outdoor installations, excessive pressure, force or loading applied from a person, utensil or object. In addition, improper, insufficient or poorly designed support, structures, substrate or sub-floors for, near, or under the Product are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty does not cover the quality of the installation or damage or defects caused by installation.
IMPORTANT RESTRICTIONS ON THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
For this Limited Warranty to apply, the Product must be used only for its intended purpose, and must be maintained in accordance with H&S’s Product Care and Maintenance Information which can be acquired from Your sales rep. This Limited Warranty shall be null and void if You have not paid for the Product in full. Various laws and building and safety codes govern the design, engineering and construction of buildings and installations within them; these codes vary widely. H&S assumes no responsibility or obligation with respect to compliance with such codes related to the selection, installation, design, engineering, or construction of the installation site for the Product.
This Limited Warranty does not apply to Product which is unfinished or misused, abused, neglected, accidentally damaged, changed or modified in any way, improperly installed or improperly stored.
Differences in wood tones, wood grain, colors and imperfections are considered a natural characteristic of wood and are excluded from this Limited Warranty. Discoloration and/or fading of the finish due to sunlight and/or indoor lighting, damages due to improper use of cleaning or maintenance products are also not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Although the Product is carefully inspected prior to shipping and delivery, it is Your responsibility to thoroughly inspect the Product when You receive it. The final inspection and approval of the Product, including after installation, is Your sole responsibility.
WHAT ARE YOUR REMEDIES UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
With respect to any Product with a manufacturing defect covered by this Limited Warranty, H&S will, at H&S’s sole discretion, either repair or replace such Product. Costs related to transportation, freight, tear-out, demolition in any form, disposal and reinstallation, modification, or associated costs beyond the cost of the Product or its replacement is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
This Limited Warranty is the only warranty made by H&S for the Product. No representative, dealer, employee, installer, or any other person is authorized to make, modify or change this Limited Warranty or make any other warranty, representation or promise on behalf of H&S with respect to the Product. No term or condition other than those in this Limited Warranty and no agreement or understanding, whether oral or written, in any way purporting to modify or change this Limited Warranty shall be binding upon H&S, unless made in writing and signed by Managing Partner, Angelo Anastasio.
- Deviations from standard door construction including removal of dividing rails or sizes greater than maximum recommended sizes are not covered against warping.
Overall Product Characteristics:
- All cabinetry is made and touched by human hands and is made from some type of wood or wood product and finished in various ways that are naturally imperfect. Characteristics including, but not limited to variation in wood grain, materials, colors, and finishes are to be expected. Knots, checks, pin holes, grain telegraphing, hair line cracks and other “imperfections” are deemed normal and are not considered defects.
- Wood by nature expands and contracts with changes in relative humidity. When the moisture level is exceedingly high, the cabinets and doors will tend to expand, and when the moisture level is exceedingly low, the cabinets and doors will tend to contract. A Painted Finish is more susceptible to this natural movement of wood. Consequently, a Painted Finish may exhibit visible finish fractures. This condition is not the result of defective workmanship nor defective material. It will not affect the stability of your cabinetry, doors, or finish in general. When a Paint Color is mixed for a project, nearly all of the material is applied. If Paint is mixed at a future date, it is nearly impossible to make a perfect match, and H&S does not guarantee a perfect match.
- Because Painted Finishes are applied to natural wood, grain telegraphing may be visible, especially under certain lighting conditions, and is not considered a defect.
Product Specifications & Sourcing:
- H&S reserves the right to source product, parts, and materials from various vendors according to the specifications set forth in the quotes, estimates, proposals, and invoices provided to You.
- In attempt to continually improve products, H&S reserves the right to technically alter styles and specifications.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE.
To make a claim or obtain service under this Limited Warranty, You must call H&S Customer Care at 267-603-3595 or submit Your claim in writing to your salesperson directly.
Please include the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- A description of the claim.
In order for H&S to respond under this Limited Warranty, H&S’s authorized agents must be permitted sufficient time and opportunity to inspect the Product, evaluate, and respond to Your claim.
This warranty is nontransferable.
ALL LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY HART & SAPP WITHIN (10) DAYS AFTER YOU LEARN OF THE FACTS UPON WHICH THE WARRANTY CLAIM IS BASED, OR SUCH WARRANTY CLAIM SHALL BE DEEMED WAIVED.
5-Year Limited Warranty
All Hart & Sapp quick-ship cabinets come with a five year limited warranty.
Specific terms of the warranty may vary slightly based on the chosen door style. Please refer to your contract for complete warranty information.